okay mommies, i'm in need of your advice, encouragement and support. this mommy is exhausted!
i'm trying to get jonas to sleep through the night and i'm having a hard time. i just recently learned that he probably doesn't need to eat through the night although my husband (with no scientific evidence) disagrees. misty gave me some pointers this morning when i completely stood her up by sleeping through a morning run we were supposed to do.
help! what did you do?
7 comments:
i hesitate to write anything b/c there are very different views on this subject. i'll e-mail you or talk with you on the phone:)
Hope it's going alright with the sleep thing! You'll figure out what's best for you and your fam- I'll be praying for you!
Ok, the profile pic of Jonas had me lol'ing.
okay, so what worked pretty quick for us was instead of me feeding ollie, we decided to have peter go rock him back to sleep. he cried the first night for 5 min. then less the next night. and by the 3rd day he was not interested in what peter had to offer and would let out a little squeak at the typical time he would wake and fall right back to sleep. and that happened like twice and then i think he just stopped waking. i was THRILLED! oh and my doc told me at ollie's 6 month appt. that they don't need to feed in the middle of the night anymore. we did anyway until this attempt which was at 11 months. i will be trying it earlier with poppy. hehe. and okay you are super mamma feeding at night and still making it up for running in the morning! wow!
tiffs right. there are lots of differing opinions on this subject bj- and can sadly get people all up in arms =). i say whatever works for you- then GREAT! For our first 2, we did a lot of scheduling. i am a mom that needs sleep or i become very irritable. i wanted to bring my kids into my life (versus adjust mine too much to theirs). For us, it worked. It doesn't for everyone. There were some things i didn't like about keeping my kids on such a tight reign- so with this final little one, i want to find a better balance. lots of holding and great sleeping. it will be more tricky. anyhow- you can always email me if you need more details. good luck and i hope you get a good system in place soon, b/c if mama ain't happy.... =)
Yes, a very tricky question....but I know how it is when you are sleep deprived.....you get desperate to try anything!! I'll just tell you what worked for Annabelle did not work for Ella....at least not as quick. But I did the same thing for both. Instead of feeding when they wake up, I would rock to soothe, then the next time I would rub their back, then let them cry. It is so hard to listen to the crying, but it pays off if they start sleeping through the night! Feel free to call and chat about this stuff any time! You are a great mommy to a beautiful boy:-)
I'm not a mommy, but I think it's awesome that you are seeking help. It's a humbling thing to do, and knowing our personalities, we like to have everything figured out, so it makes it even tougher. What wonderful mommy friends you have to help and encourage you. I know I'll be screaming all your names when I'm in your shoes, so thanks for breaking the ice and just being honest...and by the way, I miss you!
Are you making some headway? The Daddy thing definitely turned the leaf in our house. I hope it does in your house too. I know it's busy now with you working, but we really have to keep our visits up!
Post a Comment