Tuesday, January 8, 2008

perhaps yarboroughdaily was a little too ambitious?

So it's been awhile. My last post was 08-01-07...

Not so daily.

I suspected I might have difficulty maintaining this blog which is precisely why I chose the name yarboroughdaily- like that would compel me to keep it up. Right. Anxious about committing, I only told a few friends about this blog. What are friends for if not to guilt you into doing things you said you would. Now those friends are asking what's up with my lame blog. Sorry girls, I let you down. Not making any promises but I'll try to update this a little more regularly (as in, sometime before another 5 months go by).

Here's what's happened since my last entry, get ready for a long entry:

In August my sister Jessica got married in one of the most beautiful outdoor ceremonies I've ever attended. She was absolutely radiant and Daren (her husband) glowed too. They married at the Rex Hill Vineyards in Newberg. It was a lovely evening wedding and everyone had a wonderful time. I don't know how to rotate the picture so you'll have to turn your computer sideways. Sorry.



We didn't want to distract anyone from the big event so we kept our little baby secret until after the nuptials. After the wedding we had fun announcing the baby blessing. Our family and friends have been almost as excited as we are which is fun. Here is the first "tummy picture" we took in mid-August at month 3. All my girlfriends who were either pregnant or new moms were telling me "you have to take some tummy pictures" and we kept forgetting so this is me, at my best, after a long day of work at about 10pm. Lovely. No wonder I've put off this post for so long...



I think we kept up the tummy pics for like maybe two months. I hope that doesn't make us bad parents. Here is the bump at month 4, though it's hard to see in black from the front.



In September we began the month with a camping trip with our good friends Andy and Jamie. Jamie is my ultimate camping buddy. We discovered this on an all girls camping trip with our book club when Jamie and I realized we shared the same passion for planning the menus, packing the camping supplies, preparing the meals, setting up camp, cleaning and organizing, etc. She is my domestic and organizational equivalent and our husbands benefit greatly from it- we discovered that on the September camping trip while I set up the tent with Micah holding the lantern. No, I'm not kidding.



We had a great hike on our camping trip. We set out for what I thought was an eight-mile loop, four in and four out. Probably about 5.5 miles in Micah informed us that it was 8 in and 8 out. I did not want to give up. It was hot and Andy and Jamie's poor dog was entirely wiped out so eventually we turned back. Poor puppy, she's probably at least 100 pounds and poor Andy, he ended up having to carry her part of the way home, she was nearly in cardiac arrest. Thank goodness she survived. Here is a picture of she and Dexter on the trail, you can see that Dexter was born to hike.



I also turned 30 in September. 30 is so the new 21... I guess. I can't complain, I'm right where I wanted to be at this point in my life. Well, maybe I wanted to be a little taller and a little wealthier but those things are probably overrated. I'm married to a charming and handsome man, anticipating the arrival of a little one, I have a fantastic dog, I'm finally about to finish school, living in a comfortable home with a white picket fence, working at a satisfying job, my family is healthy, who could ask for more? Here are my sistas:





Lisa's going to kill me for posting that one.

In October we hosted our almost (with the exception of last year) annual BYOP party. It was a tremendous success.









In November Micah turned 30 and requested fried chicken for dinner. I'm praying he'll still be with me in another 30 years. Good thing he works out religiously.



Apparently it runs in the family, this is his brother's SECOND helping of mashed potatoes at Micah's birthday dinner. Mmmm.



This is Andy, Micah's brother in a post-potato euphoria.



Here is a mid-November pregnancy pic. Again, could use some help rotating the picture.



At the end of November Micah and I, acting on the advice of our friend Candace who is a fantastic mom and at the urging of our sister Lisa, spontaneously went on a babymoon. Candace initially suggested it telling us if we could get away for one final trip before the baby was born we should do it. When Lisa suggested we go to Mexico for the weekend it didn't take much to convince Micah and I. We booked the trip on Sunday and flew out the following Thursday. Our last trip to Puerto Vallarta was for our friends Matt and Marisa's wedding and we had a fantastic time. We returned to the same resort and were not disappointed.









I haven't uploaded my holiday pics yet so I guess I'll have to do that before continuing the update. December was filled with family festivities and January is baby shower time so more pics to come and I will make an earnest effort to maintain this website.

Until next time...

2 comments:

Misty and Matt said...

Ok- I have to say... I don't remember you talking about a trip to Mexico?! I don't think I knew you went- unless I am so sleep deprived I forgot! Love your blog- look forward to more updates!

Dana said...

could someone pinch me???? i just happened to check your blog tonight since our little lunch date- i thought MAYBE you might have posted. i was shockingly right! i love reading about this past year for you and you make me laugh while i am reading, which i love even more!